Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 1

This is my first blog and I have decided, that as an introduction, I shall set out my stall and provide an inkling of what is to come. I was inspired to start after reading someone else’s blog, and, having exchanged a few emails with the author, come to the conclusion that it will be fun, if nothing else. I say all of this with the knowledge that at the point of writing, there are around 112,000,000 bloggers, and therefore the chances of someone actually finding it in the first place and then choosing to read it, are pretty remote. Having said that, the purpose of me starting one is not for it to be read. This is for me and whoever I choose to share it with. If other people come across it then so be it, and they can take from it what they choose.

Yes I know, this is all very self indulgent but do you really think that I give a fuck? I believe it will be cathartic and possibly even therapeutic. I read a book recently which, using scientific tests, condemned some of the methods recommended to improve ones life, and in a lot of cases were possibly damaging. In one chapter they explored how writing can help to positively improve ones state of mind, and so I tried it, and it did!

So, maybe it is self indulgent but if it helps to win the struggle with those internal mind demons that visit us all occasionally, I shall be exploiting this digital world for a long time to come. For those who do read self help books, please do not take what I have said the wrong way, as I have read a lot and enjoyed many; the thing is though, however much I visualized being George Clooney or Brad, whenever I opened my eyes all I saw in the mirror was me.

With Love

No comments:

Post a Comment