Saturday, March 27, 2010

Coffee & Tea

This morning, at an ungodly hour, I powered up my blackberry to see what time it was, it was 5.35 am. A text appeared which had been sent just under 4 hours before, asking if I flossed. Hmm! An interesting question to be greeted with at that hour, and to which I replied, occasionally.

I tried to get back to sleep but, as is often the case, my mind sprang from that one question to other, related matters, which had previously been discussed with the sender of the text, and on this occasion it was about the English and their teeth.

This subject has been part of other conversations I have had with other Americans during my time here, and it did make me wonder why, as I have seen as many Americans with a mouthful of strangely arranged teeth as I have English people.

However, I have come to the conclusion that the difference is related more to what hot beverage one drinks and as a result, the colour of the teeth, rather than how they are organised.

Since moving here, I have taken to drinking coffee rather than tea, as in strong English tea rather than the fancy stuff you can now buy, and have found that my teeth have stained far less.

I have no idea though, what beverage the woman in the picture above may have drank, but she looks happy and I, did not get back to sleep.

With Love

No comments:

Post a Comment