Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Flying

Living in the west, I take it as given that all airplanes are air worthy, irrespective of their age or if they are a little tatty around the edges in terms of presentation. This is important to me as I fly quite a lot.

If I have a choice of airline on a route, what influences me is Service; not the food or drink or even its delivery, but how the attendants and pilots communicate with me. I like to be welcomed by the person in charge of the plane, and for them to tell me what to expect, a few bumps here, a few bumps there, an apology after the fact, if it was bumpier than expected; to explain where we are on route and point out things of interest, even if it is cloudy or you can't actually see the things of interest at 35,000 feet.



All this reassures me, I feel a part of their world, a team member, that we are in this together and everything is going to be ok. It costs nothing and the return is enormous, as I will continue to patronize those airlines that make me feel good about flying with them.

My top 3 in no particular order

Jet Blue
Alaska Airlines
Virgin America

With Love

No comments:

Post a Comment